Hello everyone. It's been a good week. Tomorrow it will become a great week as Meg and I welcome Kenzie Roe Weakland into this world. We are both very excited to add her to our family. The last 9 months have felt more like 18 months and so we're definitely ready.
I've actually had a really good week. Honestly I've had very few side effects from my first Chemo session a week ago. I felt tired a few times and I've taken 3 or 4 naps...which is approximately 3 or 4 more than I've taken in last 10 years...The first few days after the Chemo session I took the anti-nausea pill a couple times when I felt my stomach start to fill different, but I wouldn't say I ever felt nauseous. I also took the anti-anxiety pills a few nights in a row to help me sleep....let me tell ya...it worked, I slept great. But I haven't taken any pills since probably Monday, which is cool. I've managed to go to work every day this week and I felt good about it too. Seems like back to normal, in a way. I told some friends at work, which was nice to get that off my chest.
Once again I would like to thank everyone for sending emails and cards in the mail, and leaving comments on this blog. I enjoy reading every one of those and they definitely lift me up. Another big thanks to Adsideo for providing another week of home cooked meals....what a great church and great group of people. Not having to cook dinners over the last two weeks has helped us in so many ways....Thank You! Tonight we have reinforcements arriving for probably the next 3-4 weeks as Meg's family comes in to town for Kenzie's arrival. I'm pretty pumped about seeing them and having their help and support as we deal with another life change.
Oh yeah, I had two additional tests this week. I had a Echocardiogram done to check out my heart and I also had a Pulmonary Function Test to check out my lungs. I haven't heard the results yet, but they weren't really super important right now anyway. I'll do them again in 6 months and then I think Dr. Yee will compare the results. The Echo was pretty cool. For those who don't know, it's basically just an ultrasound of my heart. It was pretty cool watching the screen while my heart pounded away. They said it was like looking through glass as they could see more clearly than they usually could. I took that as a "cool" thing. The breathing test was pretty weird. I was in a clear plastic chamber with a nose plug and tube in my mouth going through test after test for 25 minutes. The doctor was nice and good to chat with, so that made it a little easier. Overall, both test were pretty blah.....at least they weren't sticking large needles in me....for once.
That's it for now......My second Chemo session isn't for another week. I haven't lost my hair yet, but I have a feeling that's coming soon.....oh well, that doesn't really bother me.
See ya
No comments:
Post a Comment