Friday, October 29, 2010

The Best Of What's Around

Hello everyone, not much has changed/happened since my last post, but I'm trying to blog more than I have been. I've had a couple of small bouts of nausea and a couple of rough nights of sleeps (anxiety I guess). I've also had a couple of annoying itchy spots pop up on my legs.

Tomorrow I'm a week away from my last Chemo session....YESSSSSS

In keeping up with my newly formed lyric of the week idea....

"Turns out, not where but who you're with that really matters, that really matters!"

Dave Matthews Band (The Best Of What's Around)


I was listening to music while making dinner last night and this song came on. It's a good song, one of my fav's, but this particular line means a lot to me. For 2+ months now, I've been going to Chemo session getting poison injected into my body, which petty much sucks if you think about it. But it hasn't been as bad as it really could've been, because I've had the people I care about most with me. I've been fortunate enough to have 5 of the most important people in my life, wait in line to come hang out with me week after week. So, thank you to my beautiful wife Megan, my bro Eric, my mom & dad Nancy & Jeff, and my very good friend Brian. It would've been a lot worse without you guys...

Thanks,

1 comment:

  1. hey, Steve, my calendar sez that your last chemo was November 5, therefore MY song would be G. F. Handel's 'Hallelujah Chorus"! Looking forward to a good report and an 'all clear' from your doc. It was great having your Mom and Dad here for four short days in October--ahem, no surprise, they certainly do enjoy you and yours! xoxoxo, Sue and Rich

    ReplyDelete